I have only one word for this salad. Dang! Just the right amount of smoky adobo spice and lemony tang, creamy tuna and crunchy celery. Just, dang.
Serve it over salad greens, sliced avocado, inside a butter croissant, or delicately nibbled off the spoon you used to mix it up. You really can’t go wrong.
I highly recommend making your own mayonnaise to avoid nasty chemicals and preservatives. It’s really not as hard as you might think. You can find my favorite recipe here.
My recipes are now printable, thanks to a certain handsome man in my house. Thanks, Babe!!!
- 14 oz. wild tuna
- 2 ribs celery, minced
- 3-4 green onions, green and white parts, minced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 heaping teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients and wait for 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.