I don’t care what the calendar says, the minute I start seeing lots of canned pumpkin in the grocery store it is Autumn. If that happens in July, so be it. I’m ok with that, actually, because I am crazy over Autumn. Like stark raving mad…
I have been seeing people post recipes for homemade pumpkin spice lattes and I decided to make a coffee creamer that we could keep in the fridge for a quick fix on busy mornings. Turns out the pumpkin creamer also makes a ridiculously delicious and healthy smoothie.
Protein packed, no added sugar, and so easy to mix up. It’s a winner! Here’s how I made it.
- 1 C raw cashews
- 2-4 Medjool dates, pitted
- Soaking water plus 3 C water
- 1/4-1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. cinnamon or 2 drops doTERRA cinnamon oil
- 1/2 tsp. ginger or 1 drop doTERRA ginger oil
- 1/4 tsp. clove or 1 scant drop doTERRA clove oil
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Soak cashews and 2 dates in water to cover by and inch overnight.
- Drain water and add all ingredients (minus the extra dates) to a high powered blender and blend till very smooth and creamy. Taste and add more dates if it's not sweet enough for you. Don't worry if they aren't soaked first, it's not a huge deal.
- If using the essential oils, please use a glass cup. Otherwise, find something fancy or just drink it right out of the blender.
- This makes 2 servings. Double the recipe if you'd like to keep extra for your morning coffee. Thumb your nose at that overpriced coffee shop next time you pass.
Have you decorated for fall yet? Are you prepared for the pumpkinsplosion? Scarves and cute boots!! I’m giddy.